Third party template sites and Caspio - some better than others?

roattw

Question

For the same reason I chose Caspio for a database as Paas/Saas, I typically will be dropping Caspio projects into existing template based sites like Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress.  I could build my sites from scratch, but why.  ;)  Do any of these website providers perform better than others with Caspio or do they each/all have their idiosyncrasies.    A lot of my learning Caspio issues revolved around the websites template driven CSS superseding the Caspio CSS.    The Weebly used int he lessons worked well, but I am more familiar with Squarespace and want to do more with Wordpress.

4 answers to this question

Weebly is best when you want a front-end that could handle your applications. Caspio applications work well in Weebly. 

Wordpress on the other hand is best if aside from your application, you are also producing other content such as blogs, etc. There's an existing shortcode to deploy Caspio Applications in Wordpress.

I haven't tried Squarespace yet. This will depend your application and the functions that you have in the application. Before using Weebly, I built my front-end site in Wix (where it looks very pretty). Problem is that Wix won't allow parameter passing. I moved to Weebly when I saw some of the tutorials.

You mean when you have a website you've built from ground up? Nothing too concerning. DataPages are embedded using standard HTML codes and the backend part of it happens in Caspio Bridge. As for your webpages, it should be able to accept any embedded DataPages without any issues.

One thing to consider is when you deploy a DataPage as iFrame, it has a limitation of not being able to pass parameters around. So, if your application is quite dynamic that involves parameter passing, it's better to use the standard embed method.

Just a quick update, the best third party hosting site now becomes Weebly and WordPress. GoDaddy, Squarespace, and Wix are no longer fully supported by the platform as the mentioned sites already has a new way of accepting codes and scripts into their environment. Some it automatically sets the embedding type as an iFrame, preventing features such as passing of parameters, and small others.