Passing Parameter

Perzival

Question

Hi there,

I am using a report DataPage then on the results page, I want to have link button along with my data.

So, on that link button I want to pass the parameter as a query string value. The problem is, the value that I am trying to pass  in my results page,

is a List - String Data type and contains a special character. I found some JavaScript code but none of them works for my case. Any idea?

Thanks,

Z

2 answers to this question

Hi Z,

Have you check encodeURI()?

The encodeURI() function encodes a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) by replacing each instance of certain characters by one, two, three, or four escape sequences representing the UTF-8 encoding of the character (will only be four escape sequences for characters composed of two "surrogate" characters).

You may find the article here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/encodeURI

So i tried creating your test case, and this works for me:

<div id="icon"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var v_name = encodeURI("[@field:fieldName]"); 
v_name = v_name.replace(/&amp;/gi,'%26');
v_name = v_name.replace(/&/gi,'%26'); 
document.write('<a href= https://yourURL?yourParameter=' + v_name + '>View Details</a>');
</script>

Put the following code inside an HTML block, make sure that the  checkbox "enable HTML editor" is not selected.

You may check if this works for you.

H