Displaying Record data on website

jaxnz

Question

Hi, 

I am new to Caspio, so please forgive my ignorance. 

I have looked through the forums and documentation, and most probably overlooked it. 

I am wanting to display data from tables directly on our website, for a basic example if a user is logged in, I would like to show their First Name in the header of the webpage. 

I am assuming that this is possible. 

Jackson 

6 answers to this question

On 4/15/2019 at 3:36 PM, jaxnz said:

Thanks for the reply, I already have a header in my website with a placeholder for first name. I would like to display the data externally of a datapage, or report. 

This is how I created what I call a "User Logged In Info Snippet" which also functions as the site's login/logout function. I used an HTML DataPage that has only the info I want to show and pulls in logged in user's first name, last name, and role, then provides the logout link. I put the deploy script for that DataPage into the header on the website.

It would be possible to use a DataPage without authentication (so it does NOT show the login fields when the user is logged out) but I'm not so sure you'd be able to get to any Caspio data external to a DataPage entirely. 

2019-04-17_5-43-42.thumb.png.e89c807151ce3b4f13e9fa0118181f71.png

10 hours ago, Becca37 said:

This is how I created what I call a "User Logged In Info Snippet" which also functions as the site's login/logout function. I used an HTML DataPage that has only the info I want to show and pulls in logged in user's first name, last name, and role, then provides the logout link. I put the deploy script for that DataPage into the header on the website.

It would be possible to use a DataPage without authentication (so it does NOT show the login fields when the user is logged out) but I'm not so sure you'd be able to get to any Caspio data external to a DataPage entirely. 

2019-04-17_5-43-42.thumb.png.e89c807151ce3b4f13e9fa0118181f71.png

Thanks, I thought this might be the only way, good to know it works.