User Authentication Failed

mbdiener

Question

I've looked through the forum for help on this issue and although I found a posting or two, it doesn't seem to provide any additional info.

• I created a "user" datapage with auto-generated ID, username and password.
  • I created an authentication using the same datatable and the Caspio data source setting.
  • Last, I created a login page datapage with authentication required to the authentication I created. I deployed this page and chose the embed method to embed the login page to my WordPress site.
  • I have added a test login to the users table.

Each time I login with the test credentials, I get the message "Authentication failed. The information you have provided cannot be authenticated. "

Going through the forums I found a troubleshooting page that simply says make sure you're using the correct ID and password, caps lock is off and cookies are allowed on the page. I have done all of this but am still getting the error.

I am new to Caspio and am using a "Free" account. Is there a step I'm missing or something else I should be looking at?

TIA

4 answers to this question

@Alison,

Thanks for your reply. Your comments regarding the Authentication configuration made me realize what the problem was. The authentication Caspio method automatically chose the UserID and password for authentication. However, the UserID was the autogenerated unique record number, not the Username, which I was inputting. I changed the method to use the Username and all worked fine!

Thanks again for answering.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop some cool news from Caspio! They've just rolled out this new thing called Custom Domain. If you've been dealing with pesky issues related to third-party cookies in browsers, especially with Safari, using a custom domain might just be the fix you need to fix those authentication glitches. 

Check out these articles for all the deets:

1. https://howto.caspio.com/managing-your-account/account-settings/custom-domain/
2. https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-44-0/#:~:text=Release Notes-,Custom Domains,-We are excited

I would also advise checking what is the actual datasource of the authentication you are using.

While you were adding records at the table,  the authentication may be using a view that uses that table as its datasource. With that said, that view may have a criteria that filters out the newly created records you have on the table.