All of a sudden iPhones reporting "This version of Safari is not fully supported..."

roattw

Question

I have a couple forms that used to work fine but the most recent version of Safari has been reporting on load "This version of Safari is not fully supported. Please use a different browser (ie, Chrome , Firefox, Edge, etc)."  I do have some custom CSS for the form with some pretty basic webkit coding, not sure what it could be.  Same form, unchanged, did not report this error on load a couple months ago.

safari2.png

9 answers to this question

Hi,

We have also experienced this kind of message when we try to access our Web forms in Safari browsers. We asked Caspio Support for some assistance about this.  As per them, "We have noticed that after the recent release of iOS 13, some users with Safari version 13.x have reported intermittent issues signing into Caspio applications. We are monitoring each iOS/Safari release so we can provide a solution that will fully support a stable release of Safari.

Caspio has added an overlaying message on Safari browser (only v.13+) that is used to access DataPages: “This version of Safari is not fully supported. Please use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge).” This message can be configured/removed in Localization of the DataPage."

One of there suggestion is if users are experiencing login issues after closing the message, following steps may help resolve this issue:
1. Go to Settings in your device.
2. Choose Safari.
3. Under Privacy & Security, click Clear History and Website Data.
4. Close all Safari windows and re-launch Safari.

And also, there's a way to remove the popup message that shows up on Caspio DataPages in Safari browsers.

Please follow these steps:
1. Edit Localization associated with your DataPage.
2. Scroll down to System Messages on the left.
3. Choose element 615 with the current message: This version of Safari is not fully supported. Please use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
4. Go to Custom Text area and remove the message: "This version of Safari is not fully supported. Please use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge)."
5. Save the Localization.
6. If you have redirections mentioned in Authentication, then edit Localizations of those DataPages as well.

I suggest to make a copy of the Localization attached to the DataPage and apply changes in the copied version. Assign the copied Localization to the DataPage. 

OMG.  Thank you NailDyanC!  That was it.  Applied that localization fix and resolved.  I was about to start a lot of cross browser code testing.  You just saved me a Saturday afternoon!

Caspio, you need to email this to customers and/or get this issue and fix front and center somewhere.

They told us that their product team is working on this as a high priority. They said that the issue in Safari is about cookies. From time to time Safari does not send cookie back to server that affects DataPage authentications. 

Login on Safari - Known Issue articles:
https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-bridge-20-0/
https://howto.caspio.com/troubleshooting/login-troubleshooting/login-on-safari-known-issue/

Needs to be emailed out as an important FYI.  People can waste hours/days trying to figure it out when there is an easy platform specific solution.  Had NailDylan not responded to my post I would have spent days trying to figure it out.  I was already a few hours in ;^)

Maybe there is an important announcement area I just dont know about?  Just my $0.02

21 hours ago, roattw said:

Needs to be emailed out as an important FYI.  People can waste hours/days trying to figure it out when there is an easy platform specific solution.  Had NailDylan not responded to my post I would have spent days trying to figure it out.  I was already a few hours in ;^)

Maybe there is an important announcement area I just dont know about?  Just my $0.02

If you go to their HowTo page > Troubleshooting > Known Issues you will find it. Yes, you have to dig pretty far to even see it. I agree they should've sent out a message. I spent an unruly amount of time trying to fix this issue. Not only, but I was talking to Live Chat about this issue, and they had no clue about the issue until I pointed them to the post on their HowTo page...