How do I stamp the Editing User's ID when updating/editing a record from within a Tabular Report?

Tyler

Question

In each of my application tables, I have added four fields for created timestamp, created by user ID, updated timestamp, updated by user ID. 

I am having trouble figuring out how to capture the "updated by user ID" field when I am editing a record from within a tabular datapage (both inline and details view editing). 

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.11.48 AM.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @Tyler

Assuming you have an authentication, you can do the following:

• For Inline edits, you can add the field that will receive the ID of the user that updated the record and apply this configuration. Go the Editing Tab, set the Form Element to Hidden, then choose Authentication Fields for the On load, receive. You can then choose what field from the authentication you want to get, in this case, the User ID. image.png.64df37d053d3dc5e73cb814f5cd9354f.png

• For the details view, it's pretty much the same. 

image.png.d737ee5db776fb9b84b715d943a71369.png

I hope this helps!

7 hours ago, ParkLoey said:

Hi @Tyler

Assuming you have an authentication, you can do the following:

• For Inline edits, you can add the field that will receive the ID of the user that updated the record and apply this configuration. Go the Editing Tab, set the Form Element to Hidden, then choose Authentication Fields for the On load, receive. You can then choose what field from the authentication you want to get, in this case, the User ID. image.png.64df37d053d3dc5e73cb814f5cd9354f.png

• For the details view, it's pretty much the same. 

image.png.d737ee5db776fb9b84b715d943a71369.png

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I don't know why I was missing that....Just up way too late and not thinking straight I guess. Thank you again!