Error Removing Column from Table

FredFarfadoe

Question

I am trying to remove unused columns from a large table in my application. I am able to delete the column, but on clicking "save", I get the following error message, and the column reappears:

image.png.0143e1c4d70e2c114ccbd70c8ca8be80.png

The field in question is not used in any relationship, datapage, view, task, or triggered action. All records have this field blank.

Does anyone have any insight as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

UPDATE: I have followed all above suggestions for this table. I went so far as to make a copy of the table, detach it entirely from the application, remove all triggered actions, delete every record, and it still gives me the same error message I posted on 8/23/21.

I did notice something unusual: although the table has no relationships, it still has the blue icon next to it signifying relationships (see image).

image.png.2cda6361c406704e2ecfd306b424566e.png

Does anyone have any insight as to what the issue could be?

The blue icon is actually not to signify an existing table relationship. This just means that the table is used by other apps. You can actually see in the screenshot that it is being used by multiple apps. Hence, the blue icon.

This might be a hassle to check but an idea that I have is to check all the apps listed on the screenshot (those blue texts can be clicked), click the properties of the table once more and see if there are any datapages, authentications, tasks, etc. in those apps that is using the table. As long as that icon exists, there must be an object that is using the table in another application.

@Tubby See the answer post I added November 23rd 2021.

I reached out to Caspio directly and they fixed the issue, it was a corrupted view that was preventing column deletion from every table in every application. Once it was deleted, everything worked properly. The view was somehow referencing every table in every application (even newly created ones), which is why every application shows up in that screenshot.

Thank you for your response, though! I didn't know that about the blue icon, that makes sense.