How to pass Autonumber Parameters (online help is wrong)

hollberg

Question

The online \"Caspio Bridge Help Documentation\" appears to be incorrect in its description of how the reference an \"Autonumber\" field as a parameter - at least in cases where the \"Autonumber\" is generated in a WebForm datapage.

The online help states that

AutoNumber parameters are automatically named [@InsertFieldName], where “FieldName†is the name of your AutoNumber field.

Thus, if your field name was \"foo\", then the receiving parameter would be [@Insertfoo].

However, it appears that the receiving parameter ACTUALLY should be named [@InsertRecordfoo].

Would it be possible for Caspio to update the official online documentation to reflect this change?

Thanks,

Mitch Hollberg

Morrison Analytics

7 answers to this question

In parent table, I use prefix autonumber as identifier, named ID.  In child tables, the identifier is to inherit, so I use same identifier name, ID, but as datatype string.

(1) Now, I want to create  datapages for a submission form that will use fields from the parent form and pass the identifier to the datapage for the child table.  In the child form, I hide the identifier ID but use external, with parameter InsertRecordID. After submitting the form, I am actually seeing "@InsertRecordID" as the entry for ID in the child table. 

(2) The child table is in a one-to-many relationship with parent table.  In my submission form, I want multiple instances of the child table. For example, the form user is to list all family members and their relationship to the user.  So, in filling out the form, I'd like to pass the user's ID to the child form and have a new listing for each family member, then submit. All family members would inherit users ID identifier.  Is there a video I could watch that explains this?

Base on my expirience, you need to add the prefix 'InsertRecord' on the parameter name on the receiving end for every parameter that is being passed by this method:
image.png.855597a6a96d606d70148ce7c00dcd24.png

However, If you want to avoid all of this confusion, just use the manual redirect on the end of the datapage via url and pass the parameter as querry string:
image.png.11715d3a5ea66d2cf7c1d4924c8ba62a.png

with this, you can simply catch it like a normal parameter.