Deploying Website In Wix - Which System Controls Navigation?

catchall

Question

OK, I'm still fairly new to the world of getting information out on the web. My question is about the best way to deploy my datapages. I have created several datapages for communicating information to my clients about the work my company has done on their property. I also created a Wix site to display the information. I have navigation in the wix site, and each of the Wix web pages has an HTML frame that displays a datapage. Some web pages have more than one datapage in it. The problems this creates are:

1. Before login, every window shows the login box. The Home page has 3 windows in it, so each page shows the login box. After login, the login boxes in the other HTML windows don't go away.

2. I used the logout function written in the Help site, but when I logout it shows a miniature version of the entire datapage in the window where the logout function is shown.

My questions are probably very basic. Am I doing this right? Is Caspio intended to deploy on a single page and then have the navigation be from one datapage to another completely within a single Wix web page? If so, how is the navigation within Caspio to work? Is navigation in a 3rd party web hosting system usable and, if so, what are the tricks to make it function right?

2 answers to this question

Hello catchall,

As far as I know, there is a standard link for Logout - you can read details in the article.

If you use several DataPages on a web page, maybe it is better to create a page with only one DataPage, for example, HTML page, and enter two URLs in settings of the Authentication:

Logout destination - URL of the page, were only one DataPage is deployed. Then if a user tries to open the page with several DataPage, he will be redirected to the "Enter" page.

Login redirection on success - URL of your page with several DataPages. When a user enters correct username and password, he will be redirected to this URL.

You can read more details about Authentications in the article.

I hope, the information helps.

Hi @catchall,

I'd like to inform you about Caspio's latest authentication mode, which involves utilizing Directories. This introduces a single login button across multiple DataPages and includes a logout function. If you're looking for an alternative way to log in and out, feel free to explore the details here: