Remove currency format in update form

wgalliance

Question

I have three fields in an Update Datapage (ManagementExpenses, FundraisingExpenses, and TotalRevenue) that I need to format as only numbers (no currency symbols), if someone enters $11,500.51 it would render 11500.51 or $1,500,000 would render as 1500000.

I then use the numbers on a separate onchange function that calculates a % based on the three numbers in that same page.

Could anyone help me with a script to remove any currency symbols if the user inputs them?

I appreciate the help!

4 answers to this question

The fields are number fields and users need to input those three figures, management + fundraising + total revenue. Sometimes they will enter the number with a dollar sign and I want to remove that if it happens. My script is then calculating a percentage based on the figures they are entering on the page and then displaying that percentage to them.

So I need something that can remove any currency symbols or commas because it conflicts with my other script and the math doesn't calculate correctly.