Back Up Import

Barbie

Question

Sometimes, we want to import an object but we need to back up our original data from our table to make sure that if we encounter errors, we would be able to retrieve our original data. To achieve that, we need to check this " Back up the above objects prior to import (accessible in the Messages area)." Message upon import. When checked and the import is a sucess, there should be an exported message with file included that indicates the date for the date of your import. The export message will be generated at the same time as the import message. The backup file is the export file, which could be used to restore. 

In all other relations with Importing of Data, visit this article: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/importing-data/ 

I have also attached a file for reference.
923253661_MicrosoftTeams-image(1).thumb.png.93cd4c5f855fe2b3b1a481d044d7b7c4.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @Barbie,

I am not sure if this is related with this topic but I want to know how am I getting the error message upon import 'File not found on remote site. Check the site settings of the file path and try again. '

What I'm doing is a scheduled import via OneDrive and then when I test that connection, it's okay but when I click on next I receive the error. What should I do?

Just now, joneslovescaspio said:

Hi @Barbie,

I am not sure if this is related with this topic but I want to know how am I getting the error message upon import 'File not found on remote site. Check the site settings of the file path and try again. '

What I'm doing is a scheduled import via OneDrive and then when I test that connection, it's okay but when I click on next I receive the error. What should I do?

Hi @joneslovescaspio,

When you say the the connection is successful, I think that only means that the connection between the OneDrive and Caspio has already been established and it doesn't necessarily say that the path is also successful. Making sure that the connection is okay is a good habit of verifying it but you also need to check if the file exists or the file is inside your OneDrive folder account. 

More reference: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/scheduled-import-and-export/scheduled-import-task/