Enable Data Grouping in DataPages

taylorswiftlover

Question

3 answers to this question

Just now, taylorswiftlover said:

Hello, I just want to ask why I cannot enable a particular field to respective Data Grouping. What are the instances where they are grayed out? 

image.png.f3d1d82c283f3049856e7fa78ba05821.png

Hey @taylorswiftlover

I see that you have enabled the totals and aggregation, if you have included them from the configurations of that field, then the data grouping will be grayed out. 

Just want to share this useful tip that I experienced when choosing to 'Enable Data Grouping'. There are instances that this feature is not available. So, just to heads up, you can not use or the feature will not be available if you are using the Report List DataPage. (as shown in the screenshot) image.png.b497883dd9feb16c6442c5805d7befa9.png
However, when you use Tabular, Combined Charts and Reports DataPage it will appear and ready to use.  For more information about the Data Grouping Feature, here is the link for your future references: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/advanced-reporting/data-grouping/#:~:text=To enable data grouping%2C in,this field on the right.
image.png.3268b07bbe1055590378a8908e595222.png
Hope this can help anyone out. Cheers! :)