One to one relationships

GUSTAVO

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello @GUSTAVO,

Please check the following articles about relationships: Database RelationshipsRelationship Settings.

A one-to-one relationship is used when each record in the first table has only one related record in the second table.

When creating a relationship between two tables, if both fields used in the relationship are unique and set to the same data type, a one-to-one relationship is automatically set.

image.png.a6f9aace8cdc59a3fb897c6ddbcc40e0.png

Hope this helps!

On 11/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, GUSTAVO said:

I have some specific fields and want to keep in separate tables.  How can I create ine to one relationships between the two tables?

Thanks 

This is ideal but is rare. I like how you thought of this one actually. But may I know your workflow? Although there are tutorials, there are also best practices if you don't mind. Here you go:

Table and Database Design Best Practices - Caspio Online Help

Best Practices in Creating Caspio Applications - Caspio Online Help

Hello, just wanted to verify that sandy159 is correct. In order to have a one to one relationship is to have the same datatype with the field. It helped me manage and configure the Table relationships on my end here: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/relationships/creating-and-managing-relationships/#:~:text=To edit a,apply your changes. 

Here is a walkthrough article that I used for reference: https://www.caspio.com/blog/video-walk-create-database-relationships-caspio/ 

:)