IF/THEN in Report

jeffs88keys

Question

Hello,

I understand that this may be an html box on my report.

I need to accomplish the following, and I'm not sure if can be done.  

If [field1] is blank or if [field2] (a file upload field) is empty, then return a statement "DISCLAIMERS OUT OF COMPLIANCE" (and maybe in red???)

(otherwise)  if [field1] is blank or [field2] (a file upload field) is empty, then return a statement "DISCLAIMERS IN COMPLIANCE" (and maybe in blue???)

Thanks !!!

2021-04-20_16-30-53.png.8e888726965b0e65e2cf7fe72f9943d1.png

4 answers to this question

What I can suggest for this is to use a formula field or calculated field instead for your detection if the field 1 and 2 is blank. Since you mentioned that one of those fields is a file field, you may want to check on this post for the formula that can help you. 

As for the changing of colors,  I'm afraid that you'll have to use a Javascript for that. If you are interested of changing the color of the entire row base on the results of the formula I mentioned above, please see this article: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-dynamically-change-the-background-of-a-results-page/

Hi @jeffs88keys,

You can give the following a try:

1) Add a HTML block in your report.

2) Click Source and add the following code:

<span id="[@field:ID#]showDisclaimer1" style="color:red"></span>
<span id="[@field:ID#]showDisclaimer2" style="color:blue"></span>
<script>

if("[@field:photo/]")
{
document.getElementById("[@field:Id#]showDisclaimer1").innerHTML="DISCLAIMERS OUT OF COMPLIANCE";
}
else
{
document.getElementById("[@field:Id#]showDisclaimer2").innerHTML="DISCLAIMERS IN COMPLIANCE";
}
</script>

Replace "ID" in [@field:ID] with the actual unique ID field name in your table. Also, replace "photo" in [@field:photo/] with actual file name in your table. Also add the other field that you wanted to verify in the IF condition.

I hope this helps.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, BaySunshine said:

Hi @jeffs88keys,

You can give the following a try:

1) Add a HTML block in your report.

2) Click Source and add the following code:

<span id="[@field:ID#]showDisclaimer1" style="color:red"></span>
<span id="[@field:ID#]showDisclaimer2" style="color:blue"></span>
<script>

if("[@field:photo/]")
{
document.getElementById("[@field:Id#]showDisclaimer1").innerHTML="DISCLAIMERS OUT OF COMPLIANCE";
}
else
{
document.getElementById("[@field:Id#]showDisclaimer2").innerHTML="DISCLAIMERS IN COMPLIANCE";
}
</script>

Replace "ID" in [@field:ID] with the actual unique ID field name in your table. Also, replace "photo" in [@field:photo/] with actual file name in your table. Also add the other field that you wanted to verify in the IF condition.

I hope this helps.

Very grateful for your time.  I will give this a shot.  Thank you !!!