Duplicate Records Being Created from Submission Form

ChristianM

Question

Has anyone experienced Caspio inserting duplicate records using a Submission form (with ~25 fields)?

The duplicate records have all of the same exact values for every field except the timestamp on Insert is always 2-3 seconds apart.

image.png.7963f84799fd069dde9ce78e2ba05c13.png

image.png.6e9154c3ef0fd22d504b45a8baadd8ea.png

This has happened 3 times over the last week to 3 different users. I haven't been able to find anything similar between the users and none of them are reporting they are clicking Submit multiple times.

14 answers to this question

@ChristianM To me, this seems like it is happening to you much too often.

I don't have the biggest userbase, but I have not had this problem a single time in 4 years, that I know of. I have undoubtedly had some slow connections in that time.

Are your connections really slow? 

What did support say? If you haven't, I'd have them take a look and escalate it if necessary.

I tend to experience this as well time to time when I'm having slow connections and I happen to click the submit button multiple times since I though that I have not clicked it properly on the first time. But its a very rare occurrence. 

What I'm using now is this 

so the page will have some sort of loading if the submit button is pressed. Though I am not able to use this one properly as well. 

Just to add to the discussion maybe you can set some of your fields as unique? For example, if your getting information like email or probably a phone number you can set them as unique, then it will prevent duplicates. But of course this will only be viable if duplicate data on some of your fields are not allowed.

Right! Insert Triggers should be able to catch those duplicates and erase them automatically. The only problem there is that it will prevent your record for from being saved for occasions where they are intentionally duplicated.

Perhaps you need something there that should point out that it should only delete duplicates made in short amount of time?