Column width and text wrapping

DavidBRX

Question

Greetings!

Is there a way to have the columns and wrapping regulated results and details page? In other words, I'd love to have the ability to have my certain columns be a certain width with NO text wrapping, and others a certain width allowing text to wrap.

Also, the overall width of the table, is there a way to make the width of a table consistent regardless of date entry? Hope I'm explaining this right.

Dave :(

10 answers to this question

There is a solution!

Enable Advanced Options and Passing Parameter in your DataPage then in the configure fields screen you can include the field into an HTML block using parameters, i.e: [@field:FIELDNAME] and use your own styles to custom design its layout. Replace FIELDNAME with your field name.

Example:

[@field:FIELDNAME]

Or

[@field:FIELDNAME]

Well, another solution if you want to have aconsistant table is to edit the Style of your DataPage.

Open your desired Style in Edit mode and proceed to the Setting screen and on the DataPage Elements panel click Results Page and select Table Layout. Then you can set the options and make all cells of a table constant. :mrgreen:

If you embed your Caspio pages in a Content Management System (CMS) like Sitefinity,
only SinJunYoung's suggestion works. In this case, truncating is imported for fields that can have long text strings.

I tried JolliBeng's suggestion as it looked more straightforward, but neither setting pixels or percentages work;
they work/have an effect if you view/render the page as a native Caspio Page.

You might need some specific code for this and paste it on the style tag in the header of your DataPage, if you want only specific columns have fixed widths

For example

div[class="HeadCtnr"] th:nth-child(1) {
width: 300px !important;
}
this will change the 1st header width to 300px, 

for the wrapping in Results Page, sometimes, you have to set a custom code as well for it to wrap even though you've already set a fixed width for the fieldimage.png.0012895268708e943b31761684bc7283.png

NO WHITE SPACE

image.thumb.png.3f8d50265706e766bf6295ad837172f7.png

WITH WHITE SPACE

image.thumb.png.1aafc1f1a2fca46e525210f1342c646c.png