Copy contents of Column

taylorswiftlover

Question

4 answers to this question

Just now, joneslovescaspio said:

I need to copy the contents of one column in my table into another newly created column. It is on the same table. Is that possible?

Hello,

As of now, I don't think there's a standard feature that will let you to actually to this. However,  you can actually try and export this table (ideal if it is the same) and rename the column into your another newly created column and then re-import the data.

I hope this works.

Just now, OppaShinJoonYoung said:

Hello,

As of now, I don't think there's a standard feature that will let you to actually to this. However,  you can actually try and export this table (ideal if it is the same) and rename the column into your another newly created column and then re-import the data.

I hope this works.

That's a good idea. Thanks haha

Hi @joneslovescaspio,

I think you can do this using one of the newest function of Caspio, which is the TASK, it is similar to Triggered action but you can run this on demand.

When this task below is run/executed it will copy all the records of the' Value1_Table1' field in my 'New_table_1' table to my 'Vale2' field in my New_Table_2 Table.

image.thumb.png.e94279aaebd2a3405701bb858276b3f0.png

If you want to avoid copying the same records all over again, you will need to Join your two tables using their common field (foreign key). Then add a where clause to exclude records from table1 where its value was already copied/existing in your table 2.

For more details about TASK, you can check this Article

image.thumb.png.0292ba7beec5c2189e5ce7eaefaabd02.png

I hope this helps

Regards,

TsiBiRu

You can actually use a Formula Field to do that. Create a column and set the Data Type to formula. Then choose the field that you want to copy from the picker when editing the Formula. 

After that click on Save. This will allow you to copy the records from the other field. Change the data type of the Formula Field to Text(255)  then to the desired data type. 

image.png.9f30f286df9aa6d9d2c876b6124f1762.png