Bulk Edit Auto-Submit

DesiLogi

Question

Hi,

Does anyone know how to put code in the footer of a Bulk Edit form so it auto-submits (so the user doesn't have to click the Update button)?  This code:

<script type="text/javascript">

if(document.getElementById("caspioform")) {

document.getElementById("caspioform").style.display = 'none';

setTimeout('document.forms["caspioform"].submit()',1000); }

</script>

works only on a regular Update or Submission form. If you use it in Bulk Edit it just keeps refreshing the records over and over. So there must be some specific code for Bulk Edit. 

As well, if I can get Bulk Edit to auto-submit I'd like to remove he Update button so if anyone has code for that it'd be really great. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

@DesiLogi,

Try adding these lines of code on the Footer of Configure Fields for Bulk Edit:

<script>

var bulkEditSubmit = document.querySelector('.SimpleButton.ActionButton[value=Update]');
console.log(bulkEditSubmit);

setTimeout( () => { bulkEditSubmit.click(); }, 1000);

</script>

Worked for me.

Make sure that you are on the Configure Fields for Bulk Edit  section of your DataPage, and NOT on the Configure Results Page fields.

Also, do note that the Update button might be initially disabled, especially if there are no fields that receive a parameter ;).

P.S. The script I provided is a workaround, it synchronously waits for 1 second so Update button is enabled before it is clicked. I'll update this (or follow me up if I don't) when I find an asynchronous solution to this.