Search by month

Kuroshi

Question

I'm trying to set-up the ability to search a report by month. This is for a combined chart and report. The table has three years worth of data, 2017, 2018, 2019. So I would like the user to be able to select "June" and the data for June is shown for each year. 

3 answers to this question

Hi @Batchini
you can create a formula field in your table for Month and paste this code: Datepart(Month, [@field:Date]). Make sure to change the field name. And on your DataPage, select the Month field and set it to 'Dropdown'. You may refer to this screenshot: https://c0acs764.caspio.com/dp/ba4a60009a119570a12e4c478dc4/files/3294662

The return value of the formula that I have provided is 1 to 12. So if we are trying to get the Month we will use that 1-12 as the value.

Hope it works for you

-Barbie

4 hours ago, Batchini said:
I'm trying to set-up the ability to search a report by month. This is for a combined chart and report. The table has three years worth of data, 2017, 2018, 2019. So I would like the user to be able to select "June" and the data for June is shown for each year. 

That would depend on your Table design. If you have a separate table for Month, you can establish a one to many relationship to your main table which would be the Data source of your DataPage to generate reports. Then, in the configure field, you may use a Dropdown and choose look up table. Use the Month field on the display option and ID_field on the value. Please see this article for more information: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/setting-up-default-values/

Hello!

There would be an easier than creating a dropdown for each month and year, i think that'll be a little tedious. 

When searching for a Month and Year, you can simply change the Precision inside the Search criteria of a Date Field. 

Here's a screenshot.

image.png.ab9c8513f13417b3798e0f1d4af0bb82.png

This way, even when you just put in any date, it will just get the Month and year (obviously).

I hope this helps. =) 

Regards,
Glitch