Importing Excel Files To Table

kpcollier

Question

I'm trying to figure out a way to get our estimating files on Caspio. I have been looking at Scheduled Imports, but I'm a little confused.

Can you only do one file at a time on a scheduled import? If so, does that mean I would have to create multiple scheduled imports and make sure my files are named in the right order? That seems like it won't work for a long time solution. Is there a way to import multiple files a day from excel to Caspio, without being in the Bridge?

Or, maybe, is there a way I could get the upload to happen as soon as my colleague saves it to our office server?

Any insight will be appreciated!

4 answers to this question

You may want to try checking the Web Services Integration (API) thingy. https://howto.caspio.com/web-services-api/

However, its kind of complicated.

Cant use it myself so I stick with multiple scheduled import and rely on the best practices they suggested: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/scheduled-import-and-export/scheduled-tasks-datahub/#:~:text=Best Practices,of high-speed data transfer.

Quack

@NiceDuck Thank you, that's a helpful article and it answered most of my questions.  

May I ask, how many tasks do you have set up? Is there a limit to the number of tasks I can have? I don't need them to run at the same time, just on the same day, and I would probably need ~15 of them. 

I do understand the DataHub Requests per month limit - I am just wondering about actual connections for different files.