Triggered not working when data was imported

Kuroshi

Question

I have a table that has Triggered action. When records were inserted, it will copy some of the data to other table. However, I tried to import a file to the table as an append and the Triggered action did not fire. But, my triggered is working as expected when I entered or inserted a record directly in the table. Any thoughts?

6 answers to this question

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you are importing a file in the table, triggered action will not work. So basically, this is expected behavior.

Triggered Actions currently will not run from import of data through either manual import or DataHub tasks. This is also stated here: https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/triggered-actions/

Triggered action will only work if you are inserting the records manually inside the table.

I hope this helps.

-Barbie

Hello @Kuroshi

I am thinking of a workaround for this and came up with this ->  Create a Task instead that has the same functionality as your Triggered action. Task is somehow similar to trigger. However, the task will not fire automatically once you inserted a record. you will need to click the 'Run' task or schedule when will the Task run.

I hope this helps and works.

Barbie

On 5/1/2021 at 4:45 PM, Barbie said:

Hello @Kuroshi

I am thinking of a workaround for this and came up with this ->  Create a Task instead that has the same functionality as your Triggered action. Task is somehow similar to trigger. However, the task will not fire automatically once you inserted a record. you will need to click the 'Run' task or schedule when will the Task run.

I hope this helps and works.

Barbie

This Caspio how-to link might be helpful as well: https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/

As mentioned on the previous responses, Import bypasses the triggered action, thus they wont react to your imported records. If you really need to make the imported records go through to your triggered action, what I can suggest is to import them to an extra table. Then use a an application task to insert or update the main table base on what is the content of that task. 

Triggered action should now work from that.