Seriously? Why.....

sfraden

Question

Why would they (Caspio) spend all that time updating to 3.0 and completely refresh the web interface with a much cleaner look, but FAIL to actually move the damn chat bubble to the other side, out of the way?  We have been asking for that for nearly two years now and it has been voted up several times in the IdeaBox, but for some reason is being ignored by Caspio....

Seems like when they were re-working the entire GUI web interface they could have spent the 5 minutes to move the chat bubble too.....

11 answers to this question

Hello @sfraden, @kpcollier

Thank you for providing valuable feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the placement of the chat bubble. Our team is working on a solution to address the concern and we understand that chat function is very beneficial to users to conveniently reach out to Caspio Support team for assistance with inquiries.

In Release 30, Caspio user interface has been refreshed to improve the navigation and usability. We value your feedback and are committed to continually improving our product.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, GoodBoy said:

I have noticed that the chat bubble became smaller than the previous bubble, or is it just me? Perhaps it is for the bubble not to overlap with the datasheet?

image.png.ae2f92023fea57ffd97ec8e17c563606.png

Welp. It is still a few pixels over the last column. But I guess it is better than its previous version where it even blocks the scroll down button on smaller screens. I just extend the last column to its maximum width to allow a few spaces on the right side so the bubble doesn't cover any of my data values. I still believe that it is better to put the bubble on the lower left side tho if the blank space there is not going to be utilized anytime soon.

Also....... why is the datapage wizard still so small? It is like a quarter of the screen and cannot get bigger. There is SOOOO much unused white space when editing or creating a new datapage, with the constant need to scroll through the tiny window to work on it. Specially when writing code in the header/footer/html block, where you can't expand the window whatsoever. Also not even close to a code editor.

Idea on the Ideabox for this that was 'Planned' in 2017 <_<

2 minutes ago, kpcollier said:

Also....... why is the datapage wizard still so small? It is like a quarter of the screen and cannot get bigger. There is SOOOO much unused white space when editing or creating a new datapage, with the constant need to scroll through the tiny window to work on it. Specially when writing code in the header/footer/html block, where you can't expand the window whatsoever. Also not even close to a code editor.

Idea on the Ideabox for this that was 'Planned' in 2017 <_<

They have mentioned here that they continue to enhance the UI in their upcoming releases.

https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-30-0/

Hopefully, we can see a new and fresh DataPage wizard in the near future. :lol: