Data page loading issue?

Vilho

Question

I wonder if some of our submission forms fail to load ocassionally. I see this happening when I look Google Ads account and see there examples of starting pages that are served to ad clickers. Since I recognised this I have tried to locate this insident with Crossbrowser testing and browserstack screenshots and live tests but it wont appear. Once though I caught myself a situation where datapage did not load and I refreshed and refreshed but it failed to load. When I cleaned the page cache it finally loaded.

Do any of you guys know what is going on here? Is this really happening and perhaps why it does happen. Since the update to 13.0 we have had AJAX disabled. After I spotted this issue I enabled load AJAX feature from datapage settings but that did not seem to do any difference. According to search console with various browsers there are no errors on these pages. I have included a screenshot from our ads account to show you guys how this suspicious situation really looks like.  If it is happening it is really unfortunate because we pay for the traffick to these landing pages and then sign up form is totally missing.

Thank you for reding this and would appreciate your comments.

empty.jpg

10 answers to this question

This behavior is usual due to the fact of JavaScript asynch loading. The Data page load  not simultaneously  with the whole site. Usually, load time may vary from 100ms to 900ms, sometimes to 1500ms(1.5 sec). it's not noticeable for the customer, but for Google Crawler usual take  screenshot time is faster than data page is loaded. End-user will see Data Page, but you will have screenshot with not loaded Data Page.

@George43 I really wish you are right with what you say. I still have my doubts though because if any screenshot shows a picture of a text (as it shows in our case) "Click here to download this datapage" instead of Caspio datapage itself it also means as far as I know that that datapage has failed to completely load. It is not coming to appear on that session after that.

So my hope and question is if Google Crawler is the only case when this happens?

Br, Vilho

6 minutes ago, Vilho said:

I wonder if this is also a Lite Speed cache plugin (Wordpress) related issue as this thred. Caspio asyncs it´s script by default and then something from cache plugin disturbs datapage from loading occasionally. When cache plugin is not on none of these errors occur.

Br, Vilho

I recommend you to use JetPack CDN instead of other cache services. 

And then we probably need to change our server too because it is Lite Speed server for Wordpress installation. Because Caspio bridge via Apple is not working with Lite Speed cache or any other cache plugin than Jetpack. So basically we should change our theme and hosting for this.

FWIW, I am having trouble with one of my datapages with disappearing stuff also. Its a bit different, but all of my values in Listbox Datatypes that I have on my submission form do not load with the page. This happens intermittently, not all of the time. However I cannot deploy this app until I am sure it won't happen. Its frustrating.