Modified By

telly

Question

Hi - I have a tabular DataPage, and a "Modified By" field. I want to automatically populate the "Modified By" field with the name of the one who updated the records and display it on my DataPage. I'm having trouble doing this, can you help?

Thank you in advance.

11 answers to this question

Hi Telly, 

In your Tabular DataPage include your "Modified By" field in your Details page and set the form element to "Hidden" and then on the On Load, receive: choose the Authentication Fields and the fields that you want to display. 

Screenshot_17.png.8b0aee8151febbb216a52a1875f70a36.png

Next is, add a Virtual field Label it as "Modified By" and set the form element to "Display Only". Under the Advanced tab check the On Load and choose the Data Source Fields and get the "Modified By" field. We used this Virtual field to display the Modified By in your DataPage since we set the Last Modified to "Hidden"Screenshot_1.png.26f9da5406e455befa3c0e349f9e0f94.png

Screenshot_2.png.3fb1496206c6aa7c062b226811ead9ba.png

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks,
Barbie

Hello, I followed the steps outlined above by Barbie and unfortunately keep getting this error when attempting to enter the details page of a record in a data page.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

"RLS field changed. This DataPage requires to be edited before it can be viewed. (Caspio Bridge error) (60007)"

Hello @JSorensen,

This issue happens if the authentication for a DataPage is changed and in this DataPage, you are receiving a value from the source table of the authentication. It could be either changing the authentication itself or changing the source table of the current authentication. And the reason is the change in the name of the field.

Areas to check are: 1- Record Level Security 2- Advanced tab in Configure Fields screen 3- Security tab of dropdowns and listboxes. And then reselect the authentication field.

The Virtual field may also cause the issue if you made an adjustment to the data source of the authentication. You may need to re-setup the Virtual1 authenticated value to resolve this error. 

Hope that helps!

A timestamp can record when a record is inserted and, in another field, when last modified

The method described in this post lets me record who last modified a record.

What is the best way to also record who inserted the record, a field that would not change even if the record is later modified?

On 11/3/2022 at 5:14 AM, abouzayoussef said:

I followed Barbie's instructions above, but when I try to insert the record's information page in a data page, I regrettably continue to receive this issue. Any ideas as to what I might be doing incorrectly?

What issue did you encounter? Is it the RLS changed error? Have you checked if there are other fields that are receiving authentication fields that might not be from the currently used Authentication source?