Condition in adding a record

Kuroshi

Question

I'm trying to build a insert or update type of form. If the record doesn't exist (in the database), then it will be inserted. If the record does exist, then it will be displayed completely to the user and the next submit button will just update the changes the user makes.

How can I do that? I know how to do each task separately --- I can do a submission form and a single record update. But I'd like a combination of both now.

6 answers to this question

Hi @Batchini,

What I suggest for this workflow is,  create a Search and Submission form and then we will put the link on the Localization.  So basically, you will be needing two DataPage here. If you searched a record and it is not existing there will be a link that will redirect you to a submission form otherwise the records will be displayed.

Here's a sample DataPage of what I am trying to explain: https://c1acn120.caspio.com/dp/68f07000d1ce52704efb40e99fd6

Hope it helps.

-Barbie

On 7/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, Barbie said:

Ohh so you need to put the link of your submission form in the Localization. Here's a screenshot on how to: https://c0acs764.caspio.com/dp/ba4a60009a119570a12e4c478dc4/files/3354299

Used the deployed URL of your submission form for the link. 

-Barbie

Any idea how to add a parameter to the end of the submission form link, that is inside the localization? If a record doesn't exist for this particular ID, I would like to send the ID as a parameter to the submission form. Any idea?

31 minutes ago, kpcollier said:

I would like to send the ID as a parameter to the submission form. Any idea?

If you use just the parameter name, such as [@IDField], it will send the parameter if there is one. I haven't figured out how to use an actual field, like [@field:IDField].

I'm using a search page that includes the ID field, which is passing the parameter on exit. If there are no records found, that parameter is used in the button to the submission form.