Making Caspio Forms Responsive / Mobile Design

pisaacs

Question

My company's website is now going to a completely responsive front end, but currently none of the Caspio forms on our site work this way.

I'm wondering id there are any others who are facing a smilier problem and if there is a solution available. I understand that Caspio forms are not responsive out of the box, but can they made to be?

Philip

12 answers to this question

Hey Jan,

I'm not sure you understood my question. I'm not looking for information on how to deploy my Caspio forms in WordPress, I have no issues with that. I was looking for information on how to make the forms responsive. Meaning adaptive to different screens. I don't see anything on the site about that and based on this answer I'm guessing it can't not be done currently. Is this correct? 

If not, what options are available to deploying the forms/datapages for mobile?

Please let me know and thanks in advance,

Philip

Yes, this is article about how to use their iPhone Kit. Again it really is not what I'm talking about. This is an out of the box solution for building a separate mobile version of a web app.

Responsive design means one set of code that adapts. I'm asking about Responsive CSS. Media queries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

I have been looking for the same thing.  My wordpress website is responsive, but by default my Caspio forms and reports are not.

I have had to create multiple data pages, based on the screen size / orientation and then use DIVs to hide or show the appropriate data page.  Here is some information on controlling Divs based on screen size.  http://css-tricks.com/forums/topic/mobile-device-trick/

It worked for me, but it's a little more work.  If someone else knows a better way, I would like to know too!

Hi there,

I have had a lot of success with this article http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/responsive-datapages-overview/

With using some creative workarounds and using the CSS targets they list in those you can do nearly anything you want using standard practices for using CSS to make things responsive.

Another general tip is try to always do almost all widths (of datapages and individual elements) in % widths rather than pixels.

Hope this helps!