Caspio and Squarespace - something went awry...

Shane

Question

I'm building a Squarespace site and was all excited when I found that Caspio offered a way to implement a simple database search. Signed up, and in 15 minutes had a working search. Super awesome so far. In the Squarespace editor, you add the embed code in a "code block" on the page. Yesterday, once I had done that, the editor (or the javascript code referenced in the embed code) seemed to recognize I was looking at the page through the Squarespace editor and did not show the form, instead displaying a message about being in edit mode and so forth. That was just fine, as the site worked as expected.

This morning, I suddenly cannot edit that page in the editor. The normal hover options to edit simply don't appear. Other pages on the site act normally. Also, the search form no longer has the message about being unavailable in edit mode, but instead shows the actual search form. The only thing I can think of is that I started messing with the styles for the form and results on the Caspio side, but I haven't found a way to get it to work again.

Has anyone seen this before?

6 answers to this question

Hi All!

I tried to consult this issue to Caspio Support Team. As per them, the issue is on SquareSpace. They said that the snippet should be disabled first to become editable. They provided me the following steps:

You can disable the HTML Code by either adding  "/safe" to the current URL or  clicking "Disable Scripts in Preview”  button in the bottom part of the editor.
You can enable the Scripts again by clicking the “Enable Scripts in Preview” found in the bottom part of the editor.

-JolliBeng

52 minutes ago, Shane said:

I'm building a Squarespace site and was all excited when I found that Caspio offered a way to implement a simple database search. Signed up, and in 15 minutes had a working search. Super awesome so far. In the Squarespace editor, you add the embed code in a "code block" on the page. Yesterday, once I had done that, the editor (or the javascript code referenced in the embed code) seemed to recognize I was looking at the page through the Squarespace editor and did not show the form, instead displaying a message about being in edit mode and so forth. That was just fine, as the site worked as expected.

This morning, I suddenly cannot edit that page in the editor. The normal hover options to edit simply don't appear. Other pages on the site act normally. Also, the search form no longer has the message about being unavailable in edit mode, but instead shows the actual search form. The only thing I can think of is that I started messing with the styles for the form and results on the Caspio side, but I haven't found a way to get it to work again.

Has anyone seen this before?

Hi, welcome to forum! :)

I don't think that this can resolved in caspio account, you may have a look at this article.

Hope that helps

Yeah, I had seen that, but to no avail. The page in question is not very complicated, so I might just recreate it. But I think I might have figured out the cause. I used a code block instead of an embed block, and that might make all the difference. The reason I posted here was because I thought perhaps someone knew of some incompatibility with the javascript or something that would cause the editor not to recognize it as script and block its execution in the editor. I'm going to try recreating the page and using embed block instead and see what happens.

Just a quick update, the best third party hosting site now becomes Weebly and WordPress. GoDaddy, Squarespace, and Wix are no longer fully supported by the platform as the mentioned sites already has a new way of accepting codes and scripts into their environment. Some it automatically sets the embedding type as an iFrame, preventing features such as passing of parameters, and small others.