About Triggers

Glitch

Question

Hi all!

Can we create a trigger that sends out like a list of records?

I set up a trigger which would send an email if ever a condition was met.

The problem is that, it sends me ONE email for every record. So for example, I have 3 records that meet my criteria, it would send me THREE emails.

Can we make it like, it would compile all records and send them to one email?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone! 

9 answers to this question

Vanellope,

Currently it will only send one record at a time. I have been thinking about this issue as well since I am used to manually triggering email summaries (a single email with multiple records) using the bulk edit option on a tabular report to generate the email manually. I have a few ideas in mind that I have not tested yet, such as running a task to append the record as HTML to a central field which would build the table of records, then once completed generate a summary trigger that would send the email with the table of records. This of course is just an idea for now, I will let you know if I am able to get it to work.

Well I'm not referring to a particular trigger, but here's how I set it up. 

I wanted to atleast know if it is possible to send  a  single email instead of sending them individually. Like creating a list of records that meets my criteria?
If you go over my question, I want to send one email with all the list of my records where Date_due is equal to today's timestamp.

However, it's sending me one email per record which means, I will receive 100 emails if there are 100 records that meets my criteria. I know that my trigger would probably be incorrect, since I just put the [field] inside the message. Can I use SELECT statement inside the message perhaps? If not, is there a way to do this?

Screenshot_1.png

Hi, Vanellope!

as far as I know, it is still not possible to concatenate or somehow add several results to a single email.

The only solution I found is to create a task, which calculates the number of records that fulfill the conditions and send the email with the number and search criteria.  After just filter the data on the Report and change with "bulk edit" from Caspio Bridge.

Not sure if it helps you, but here is a short Task for my case:

Screenshot_task_forum.png.2d3ecd25e07dbeea6dcd399446918de3.png

Hope it will help you somehow.

Regards,

Wernon.

I also think that is currently not possible.

I was thinking of a Cascading Trigger workflow would do the trick, but unfortunately, it doesn't. Below is how I simulated it's runtime.

===

The children table, on record update, would append the value of the updated record to its corresponding parent in the parent table

image.png.e99929b824c804931f358c749014a759.png

This Task should initially clear out the values in the parent table; After that, update each record in the child table so the trigger would be executed for each record.

image.png.21f0452b42ac126c8597df3c32f76efc.png

====

However, it appears that the "Update child" action on the Task only runs once. They are populating the #inserted temp table with records so only the Top 1 record is written onto the parent table.

Not sure if my explanation is clear enough or if you get the gist of it but I hope this helps.

Regards,
~DN31337!

Hi everyone,

Email trigger does not still allow attachments in Caspio. However, a workaround it is to create another table using a trigger which will store just the email addresses, count of records and any other information as you wish.  Make sure that the email address field is unique so you don't accidentally store it more than once. Include IF statement in the trigger and use 'exists' or 'not exists' operator to verify if an email address exists. Add a checkbox field in the new table and also a date field to store the date the email was sent.  Run a task everyday which will send out an email for all the email addresses in this table once. Check the box once an email is sent and update the date field. In the email body, include a link that will pass this email address to a filtered report DataPage as a parameter. The users can click on the link to view the records.

I hope this helps. 

Regards,