PDF Report Page

Altair

Question

21 answers to this question

For Build plans and higher, the PDF is available by default. 
However, you can only enable PDF Download in our Results DataPage. You can only set the fields in your Details page as the source of your PDF. 

Note that it is not possible to download the Details Page exactly how it looks. However, there is an alternative solution to this, create a separate Details Page and then Use CRTL + P then choose “Microsoft Print to PDF”. 

You can also check this similar forum post about this inquiry on how to integrate a third party PDF generator in your details page: 
https://forums.caspio.com/topic/4911-wanted-to-share-this-third-party-pdf-generator/?page=0#comment-15421

6 hours ago, Altair said:

I need to add a pdf print/output of a details report page. If possible I would like to have a save/print button that would download and open the pdf so the user can print it or save it. 

This is not available in details report DataPage, I believe. But there are work arounds posted here in the forums.

One workaround for this is to create a separate details page. Steps are included here. However, for step 1, instead of using a Details Report, you need to use a List Report so that PDF download option can be enable. You may need to modify the Results Page Fields section to make it look like your original details page. You may also use Tabular Report and use HTML Blocks to make the layout similar to the original details page.

Hi,

Just to add on @AtayBalunbalunan's comment, if you have a copy of your layout saved as a Word document, you can use the Paste from Word option on your HTML block. In that way, you'll be able to print the details with your desired layout.

Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot_20190901-092856_Chrome.thumb.jpg.96063bf501cea1989f5d1222138e42f4.jpg

Also, here's the DataPage I created using that workaround. Click this link.

~JolliBeng

Hi JolliBeng,

Can you show exactly how you created the datapage to show the pdf within it and also how the download link opens a new tab with the pdf download option? I'm trying to do the same thing: display a pdf that's a file in Caspio Bridge Files (linked to via a field in a table) and then give the option of downloading it from a 'preview' page. Right now the pdf just keeps downloading automatically and I need to display it first. Thanks for any help!

Note: it's really the 'preview pdf' in the new tab/window (that opens when you click on the 'Download Data' link in the datapage) that I need if I can't display the pdf in the datapage. I've tried Google's Viewer but can't get that to work. But the 'preview pdf' in new tab would be a great workaround. 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:43 AM, NailDyanC said:

A new PDF download option is available for the details pages of Reports, Calendars, Combined Chart and Reports, Details and Pivot Table DataPages. The PDF configuration for details pages is similar to the existing options available on results pages.

Learn more about PDF reports generation.

Just to add here as well, here's the new video link on how to implement PDF download option in the current release version of Caspio:

Just want to add, in the recent release of Caspio  there are new features you may find useful and as part of our ongoing improvements to PDF report generation, the following layout and customization capabilities are now available.

• Page Breaks – Page breaks can be inserted after any field.
  • Parameters in Header and Footer – In addition to existing system parameters, now data source fields can also be inserted in the header and footer of PDF files generated from details pages.
  • Watermarks – Text or image watermarks can be added to PDF reports.

Learn more about PDF Download.

Hello everyone, just want to let you know that Caspio has new enhancement about Document Generation. They introduced more data formatting options, including regional settings to influence how text, numeric, currency and date/time values appear in our generated PDF documents. You may check this link about the new release enhancements: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-33-0/

Hey there! Caspio releases new enhancements to the document generation feature, check this out: 

• Support for images in addition to text in PDF watermarks
  • Additional capabilities that determine when a PDF checkbox should be selected or not: 
    - More conditions added for date/time and timestamp fields 
    The ability to use display values of related tables in conditions 
  • Additional “Data source type” column on the document templates list view

Source: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-36-0/#:~:text=Enhancements to Document Generation

On 8/31/2019 at 8:30 PM, JolliBeng said:

Hi,

Just to add on @AtayBalunbalunan's comment, if you have a copy of your layout saved as a Word document, you can use the Paste from Word option on your HTML block. In that way, you'll be able to print the details with your desired layout.

Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot_20190901-092856_Chrome.thumb.jpg.96063bf501cea1989f5d1222138e42f4.jpg

~JolliBeng

On 8/31/2019 at 8:30 PM, JolliBeng said:

Hi,

Here's a screenshot:

~JolliBeng

Is there anyone that can point me to where I can learn to set up the word copy / paste features?