Track who visited the DataPage

Kuroshi

Question

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately, there are no options for us to track the past users who recently logged in and searched for the records in the DataPages.

In line with that, we have a workaround for some modification to your current DataPage to track the user's email address in the future. 

Here are the steps:
1. Please follow this article but we will also add minimal modification: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/how-to-separate-search-page-and-results-page-into-two-different-webpages/

2. Afterward, you need to add an Email field in your table. On your DataPage configuration, make this field 'Hidden' and set the On Load to 'Authentication Fields'. you may refer to this screenshot: https://c0acs764.caspio.com/dp/ba4a60009a119570a12e4c478dc4/files/3329998. For this, you will be able to stamp the Email of the users in the table who tried to search in the Search Form. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have further question.

- Barbie

4 hours ago, Barbie said:

Unfortunately, there are no options for us to track the past users who recently logged in and searched for the records in the DataPages.

In line with that, we have a workaround for some modification to your current DataPage to track the user's email address in the future. 

Here are the steps:
1. Please follow this article but we will also add minimal modification: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/how-to-separate-search-page-and-results-page-into-two-different-webpages/

2. Afterward, you need to add an Email field in your table. On your DataPage configuration, make this field 'Hidden' and set the On Load to 'Authentication Fields'. you may refer to this screenshot: https://c0acs764.caspio.com/dp/ba4a60009a119570a12e4c478dc4/files/3329998. For this, you will be able to stamp the Email of the users in the table who tried to search in the Search Form. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have further question.

- Barbie

Hi, it seems that the screenshot doesn't exist. Can you confirm?

This is a good workaround. But I think this is only exclusive within Caspio's DataPages itself. I tried re-creating this but the content that I will be searching would be the objects in my deployed website but unfortunately, it did not worked for me. Though this is a very useful feature, note that this cannot be done (the search function) that will search for every keywords in your deployed website. 

Hope this little bit of information helps. :) 

My idea is, create a submission form that will automatically submit this data to a separate table.

1) create a table with the following field:

ID (any id field, just for normalization),
DP name (text 255)
Visitor (text 255)

2)Then create a submission form that will use the table above as its data source, include all the the fields and set them up to load default values from parameter.

3) Use an auto submit JS to make this form... auto submit. 

4) Now, Embed this as an iframe to all of your DataPage (preferably on footer). On the URL of your embed code, make sure that you include the values for the DP name and visitor name as a parameter via querry string, see the example:

<iframe name="checkboxes or logic" title="checkboxes or logic" src="<dp URL>?DP_Name=name_of_the_dp_where_you_embed_this&visitor=[@auth:Name]">Sorry, but your browser does not support frames.</iframe>

5) If you can (because I cannot), use some CSS to completely hide this one.

With this, you will now be able to count the number of visits depending on how many entries certain dp names have. Just use some SQL querry to total them up or use totals and aggregation

I hope this helps.

Quack